Friday, July 24, 2009

Our family celebration of Barrett's birthday

Today for Barrett's birthday we took him and Kyle swimming. They had a great time. Next we all went out to dinner. After the waitresses sang "Happy Birthday" to Barrett, he struck up a conversation with the man at the table next to us. He told him he turned four years old today and that he was almost five! That cracked me up because of what I had just written about him in my last blog post (Happy Birthday, Barrett) This is a perfect illustration of the description I gave...outgoing/loves a captive audience, in a hurry to be older.
4yo

When we got home we had birthday cake. Let me say that again-We all ate birthday cake. Not eggless, milkless with wierd special flours. Real. Cake. It was awesome! Kyle said, "I like cake!" Barrett managed to mutter a "mmmm" between mouthfuls.
candles

Barrett opened one present from us. Buzz Lightyear. He was very excited. Kyle got a 5" tall Buzz with no lights or moving parts and he was just as excited about that one as Barrett was about the real deal. Kyle said, "I didn't know I would get a Buzz too!" The five guys (Bear, Kyle, Daddy, and 2 Buzz's) flew around the room until I announced it was waaaayyy past bedtime. I am pretty sure Daddy groaned the loudest.
Barrett is very excited about his party with friends and family next weekend and more cake.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails