Monday, July 5, 2010

Ya gotta love a holiday where everyone is color coordinated

The photographer in me sure does! We had a great Forth of July. We just had a laid back evening of hanging out with friends and watching the kids being kids. I think that might be my favorite part of the Fourth of July--watching the kids and remembering what it was like to be that age...eating an endless supply of chips and popsicles, running around with friends, watching fireworks, getting to stay up late...that's the good stuff when you're a kid.

fourth04
Here's Annabelle "helping" me get ready for our get-together.

fourth01
Blake, Barrett, and Kyle sporting their red, white and blue.

fourth02
My crew looking cool in their shades.

fourth03
Exhibit A: My boys suffer from a serious case of PCS (Photographer's Child Syndrome)
Here they are in their Independence Day Parade.

fourth06
Popsicles! You should have seen the kids come running when we mentioned popsicles.

fourth07
How many kids can squeeze onto a two-person Jeep? Apparently 6.

fourth05
Emma watching a sparkler.

fireworks
The dads put on a fantastic fireworks show while the rest of us relaxed on the back porch to watch. Annabelle slept in my arms the whole time.

2 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Are you wearing a Moby in the first pic of AB??? I'm super proud. Post a pic of you babywearing mama!!!!

(and I love the color coordination too...and oh, those popsicles!!!)

Jessica said...

why YES, yes I am wearing a Moby wrap in the first pic. I was able to use both hands and keep her close and comforted while I set stuff up. She loves it too. I will try to get a pic of us with the wrap soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails