Saturday, March 22, 2014

New York City Day 1

I think I am going to have to post about our New York Trip in several installments.  There are a lot of photos and I am having trouble narrowing it down.  I also want to write some things down about what we did and saw.

We arrived in New York pretty late in the afternoon.  When we arrived at the hotel, we found out we had been upgraded (yea!) to a suite that was probably bigger that Cody and my first apartment...2 big bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining area and kitchenette!  Perfect except that the windows (on the 17th floor) opened fully and did not lock.  I was kind of a wreck about that, but I didn't want to complain because I was afraid they'd move us to smaller rooms.  We dropped off our stuff and went next door to eat dinner and check "Eat NY Pizza" off our to do list.  After dinner, we went for a walk and checked off "Go to Top of the Rock" and "Eat a Cupcake from Magnolia Bakery."  Pretty good for our first few hours!


Luggage cart shenanigans

Rockefeller Center

 Hot dog vendor, Radio City Music Hall and the new World Trade Center Memorial in the background

         

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails