Sunday, February 10, 2008

my hair had a party last night

My hair had a party last night,
It musta got into a terrible fight,
Cause when my head hit the pillow it was lookin' alright,
My hair had a party last night.
My hair had a party last night,
When I lay down everything was all right,
It started out friendly but there must have been a fight,
My hair had a party last night.


















Trout Fishing in America sings these great lyrics that I sing to Barrett almost every morning. I love bedhead on my boys. Before I had kids I used to look at kids with bedhead and think judgmental thoughts about their parents. No more. It’s a sign that the child and therefore, most likely the mom and dad got a good night’s sleep. I also am personally aware that “bed” head can happen in the car on the way somewhere and I never seem to have a brush or comb. Plus, they are kids. They are supposed to be disheveled from having as much fun as possible without a care about societal pressures or improprieties.
That said, Barrett will be getting his hair cut next week…just a little bit off…I would want anyone to think he’s conforming to societal pressure.

BTW, I guess I should address the chip in his tooth since it is plainly evident in this photo. I talked to a dentist the other night. He (and Cody) are of the opinion that it only makes him look cool. They think it's futile to get it fixed. I guess given what I have just said above about bedhead being proof that a kid has been doing their job of having fun, I should agree and embrace it as part of Barrett. I'll have to work on that. Right now, I am still mourning the loss of the almost 1/4 of his tooth.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails