Monday, February 23, 2009

Potty training #2 stinks!

By #2, I am referrring to the kid, not poop. And really it's not the kid's fault. It's the circumstances. I mean, when I trained Barrett, we had time. He had my full attention. We could stay home most days until we were at a point where we could make it from point A to B without an accident. Now, with poor #2 who we lovingly call Kyle, we are rushing around all morning trying to get fed and dressed and lunches packed and out the door in time for preschool which is (in our case) 30 minutes away! There is no time for a leisurely sit or two on the potty, much less an accident and the impending clean-up and wardrobe change. And now, it seems we are always on the go, never at home.
When I started potty training #2, I thought it was going to be sooo easy because he had seen his brother do it, he knew the drill, and I have been putting him on the potty every now and then since he was 18 months old. Famous last words. . .

Tips, advice, encouragement, and empathy are welcomed!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh no! I was hoping my oldest was the hardest and the other three would just follow suit and be easier. No advice, but big hugs - I found potty training to be very stressful.

Anonymous said...

i don't have any advice! clara has been afraid of the potty, so i can't even get her to sit on it!

Newman Family Blog said...

Wish I had advice for you! I can only offer sympathy at this point! Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails