Thursday, February 5, 2009

I spy with my little eye...

two happy boys! My mom "Gigi" made this quilt for the boys a while back and I have been meaning to show it. I love it because it's educational and it keeps the boys entertained and warm on long car trips. They love it because it has tractors and dinosaurs and crayons and frogs AND it's a built-in game. I can see these keeping the kids minds growing for years to come as there are so many levels to play I Spy. Sometimes we play "I spy something green" and other times we play "I spy the letter C" or "I spy a fish." Or for sharper little thinkers, "I spy something that flies" etc...they will find there's more than one right answer! (The squares aren't nearly as big as they appear in the car pictures.)


Gigi has more of these fabrics and she can get others too if you would like to buy an "I Spy" quilt for your budding detective. Each quilt is approximately 40" x 40" and is $50. Each one is unique and quilts made for girls would have in place of tools and tractors, fabrics that girls find more interesting. This one has patches that would appeal to girls and boys.

5 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Get those babies on ETSY! I might have to have one of those too... That is the cutest thing I've ever seen and what an amazing idea, for the CAR RIDES!

Aubs said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. We play "I Spy" all the time and Joshua tends to say the same things over and over. I might need me one of those.

Anonymous said...

wow those are AWESOME!

Dina said...

I love those quilts - I may be interested in one or two!

I'll pm you on DAM.

Melanie said...

That is an awesome quilt we have son has a similar quilt that he got from my mom. If your mom is ever looking for something to do the first Wednesday of the month she should look up Poetry United Methodist Church. Their women's group (although I think a lot of the women aren't members of the church) makes quilts and various items for vets, nursing homes, and hospitals.

Related Posts with Thumbnails