Monday, November 2, 2009

Love getting mail?

Who doesn't love getting mail? Well, of the non-bill variety anyway. We do. And we really love postcards. The boys like looking at the pictures and learning about different places. So, I was really excited when I came across this postcard exchange website Postcrossing.com

We signed up at sent out postcards to people in Finland, Australia, China, and California(2). So far we have recieved postcards from Korea, China, Japan, and Toronto. We have been looking up the locations on the globe every time we send or recieve a postcard and I told the boys what I knew about the countries/cities. I think I might look up info on the internet next time. Also, I hope to get a big world map to mark the destinations and origins of our cards. Everyday when we get the mail now, the boys ask if we got a postcard today! I love that they are learning about a world beyond their little world.

Go check out postcrossing...maybe we'll send you a card!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very homeschooly of you! Thanks for posting about it. We might do that too!

Jonna said...

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails