Sunday, October 3, 2010

In the middle of the night

I hear a baby crying in my sleep. Not a demanding cry, but a soft cry that seems to say, "I am a bit hungry, would you feed me please?" The clock is blurry, but I can make out between long blinks that the the first number is a three. Despite the sweet manners, I am not too happy about being awake at 3:00 am. She has been sleeping through the night most of the time now. I guess this is not one of those nights. I grunt and slowly roll out of bed to change her diaper before feeding. I have managed to pry one eyelid halfway open so I can see what I am doing. The crying has stopped as if she knows I am here and I am going to take care of her needs. Through my one half-open eye, I see her smiling at me with her huge wide awake grin. Then something strange happens...I can't help but to smile too...desipte the hour. After I feed her, I put her back in her bassinet next to my bed. She is still awake, but she just coos a couple times and then allows me to go back to sleep.
Thank you sweet girl, for bringing me sunshine in the middle of the night.

Here's some pictures I took of the little cupcake in a tutu.
petti01

petti02

and we can't forget the little piggies
petti03

1 comment:

Newman Family Blog said...

Isn't it so fun to dress up a girl?!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails