Monday, June 4, 2012

Annabelle was here

The other day I walked into the room and saw a long trail of toilet paper coming out of the bathroom and turning the corner. I followed it like breadcrumbs and it lead me to the dog who was lying down blanketed in the Quilted Northern. Annabelle was right there with more TP gently laying it on our defeated dog, patting her head and saying, "nigh, nigh." I wish I had a picture of that but the dog got up and shook off the meticulously placed toilet paper before I could get back with my camera. But since then, I have caught a few other snaps of her nurturing nature. You may notice a pattern.
In this last picture, Kyle was feeling a little sick and he laid down on the sofa in my office.  While he was waiting for me to finish on the computer, he fell asleep.  Annabelle came in saw him sleeping and ran to the living room, and then returned with a blanket and Minnie.  She put Minnie beside him and pushed the blanket up as far as she could reach.  She turned to me and put her finger over her lips and softly said, "shhh", then patted sleeping Kyle gently.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails