Monday, June 22, 2015

staples...this post is not for the squeamish

While we were in Florida, Kyle was doing backflips into the pool and cut his head very badly on the edge of the pool. We didn't know it had happened until we looked up and saw him covered in blood.  He was very brave and didn't even cry.  I rushed him to the urgent care clinic and we were both dripping wet the whole time.  The doctor decided that STAPLES was the way to go on his scalp.  My stomach flops every time I say that.  Seriously, who decided that staples should be used to fix body parts?  Staples are for paper and things that can't feel!  I mean, okay, MAYBE if you're on a deserted island sitting under a palm tree and a coconut falls on your head leaving a large open wound just as a long lost Office Depot shipment washed ashore containing only a stapler and staples...maybe.  Or if you're in a Mary Shelley novel.

I could not watch as the doctor held the STAPLER to my child's HEAD! Kyle was so brave, even though he looked like a patient in a World War II infirmary. I would have needed full sedation if someone was going to staple my head!

Warning graphic pics ahead!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails