Saturday, April 26, 2008

An American Tale

As we were leaving to the airport to go out of town, we found 2 mice on a glue trap we had laid out. If you have ever used a glue trap, you may know that sometimes the mice are still living when you find them. However, if you have ever tried to remove a living mouse from a glue trap you know how you end up stuck to the trap and the mouse ends up wishing he was still stuck to it. We had to take them to the trash at the road but there was no way they were getting in the already packed car with me and the kids already inside and we hadn’t scheduled time in our getting-to-the airport plan for the disposal of mice. These mice were still alive. So,they rode on the roof of the car ¼ mile down the gravel drive from our garage to the road. I just pictured them up there whooping it up, hanging ten on their surf board waxed with glue. What a way to go!
Before the animal-pitying people email me, let me say that I did feel a tinge of sadness for the little squeakers, then I remembered the hundreds of dollars of damage they have done to our cars, and the feeling was gone with the wind through their hair.

"Airpwane":
Barrett and Kyle went on their first plane ride! They were so excited about the plane, the pilot, the airport! There was no crying, tantrums, fits or fighting. The boys did great too! I brought lots of raisins, grapes, books, and Play-Doh.






















I love the wonderment of their world.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails