Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Bowl Runneth Over

It’s been raining all morning and I have a ton of work to do but the boys made pancakes this morning! And what a mess it was but I enjoyed every second of it. There was batter dripping down the cabinets, in Barrett’s hair thanks to Kyle, and all over Daddy’s chair (which the boys used to stand on – hehe!) It would have been much easier and quicker and neater to just make the pancakes myself, but I wouldn’t have had this precious time with my guys. They loved wearing the aprons Gigi got them and they even insisted on doing the dishes (read: playing with water in the sink) after they stirred the batter!
Last week, Barrett made meatloaf…well, he stirred it, pat it and marked it with a B. I put it in the oven. He was so excited that we were putting crushed Fritos in it that they ended up going all over the place. No worries. I am finding that my little sous-chefs make cooking much more fun. And yet this is time together that I don’t feel is wasted even though we didn’t drive across town to the zoo. As they get older, I look forward to the conversations we will have while belly-up to the counter or kitchen sink.
I wouldn’t change a thing about this imperfect perfect morning!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at those two little chefs! They must get their good looks from their mommy! Make sure you ave some pancakes for daddy.

Love, Cody

Related Posts with Thumbnails