Thursday, May 29, 2008

I could just eat 'em up!

They keep us in stitches with the things that come out of their mouths! All kids have their cute little things they say. In fact, my friend Meredith’s post about the things her son says inspired me to make my little list. Kyle can say almost anything Barrett can say and tries to, so they share a lot of phrases, but there are a few that are characteristically either “Barrett” or “Kyle” sayings.

Barrett has quite the country accent. I don’t know where he gets this. I think I speak well… The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain…yup, I talk good! I blame my husband.
Barrett says:
“I need Hayelp” – I need help
“I lib in Farbersbeel, Taysus” – I live in Farmersville, Texas
“Look at wut I beelt” – Look at what I built
“Baffuses for two boys” – this means he wants Kyle to take a bath with him


Kyle and Barrett whispering secrets at the Onion Shed in "Farbersbeel"



Kyle loves saying the word “bumblebee” with extreme emphasis on the “b” sounds. I have to admit it is kinda fun to say that way. And he sounds so cute saying it!
Kyle also says:
“Uh oh, daddy-O!” – he loves saying this over and over. I, of course, think he’s a genius for making up a rhyme at 18 months!
“Riiiee Der!” – means right there and always with much enthusiasm
“apple pie” – means pineapple. He has never had apple pie. Again he puts extreme emphasis on the “p”s.

Both, they get each other going saying:
“Pappadeaux” – they love this word and say it over and over. It does kinda just roll off the tongue and make you smile after you say a few times fast.
“I like trucks, I always will” – they sway and sing this song from a dollar store video they watch at Grandma’s

ETA: thought of another one... "Tay Wamo" - means Tony Romo, as in the Dallas Cowboys QB. They use this to refer to themselves or any man seen wearing a baseball hat backwards. Very funny when we're out in public and they excitedly shout and point at some random passerby.

4 comments:

Aubs said...

How cute! I did notice a thick accent from your boys while I was at your house the other day...you do live in Farmersville. I think it comes with the territory.

Anonymous said...

I love Kyle's "Kung Fu" looking stance in the last picture. He is ready to kick butt!

Love,

Daddy

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Pappadeaux - I love this word too!!

Oh and the accent...its only going to get worse yet you will hear it less and less!!

The Locke Family said...

So cute. Don't you just love the things they say and how they say them??

Related Posts with Thumbnails