Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not really evesdropping

I was within a mile radius of Barrett while he was talking (he talks very loudly) to his grandparents on the phone tonight so I was able to hear his side of this conversation:
"Mommy has a baby in her tummy and her tummy is getting so BIG! My friend, Liam has an idea to name the baby something that I don't like but I can't remember what it was. Papa, do you know how to play hockey? I am building a spaceship. There's a new boy in my class and his name is Jack. "
There was no pausing between these sentences so I am pretty sure Papa wasn't asking questions to bring about such randomness.
By the way after Barrett said the name Jack, I heard Kyle in the background saying, "Jack-in-the-box, Jackpot..." Oh, that is SO what I do in my head all the time! He is so much like me it's scary sometimes.
Funny boys!
Meanwhile, I have gone through my 6th box of cereal since finding out I am pregnant. For me, cereal is the bomb when I am pregnant! I am currently really enjoying Berry Berry Kix. Before that, I was in a Honey Bunches of Oats phase.
Speaking of baby, the other day the boys had a little discussion (argument) about which one of them would get to keep the baby. They decided that whichever one sees her first gets to keep her. Thank goodness they won't be in the room when she's born that way Cody can I can stake our claim! They both think this is THEIR baby, saying,"When is my baby going to get here?" Kyle's teacher tells me that he has pretended a couple of times that a doll in the classroom is his baby sister and he is taking care of her. I hope they always are this excited about having a little sister.

3 comments:

Newman Family Blog said...

Super cute! Congrats on the pregnancy by the way! We need to catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! We are so excited for you guys!

Heather Coleman said...

Your boys are so funny and cute. I'm glad they are so excited about the baby. I always thought it would be so cool to have an older brother and she's going to have two! How lucky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails