Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Kyle

Dear Kyle,
Happy Birthday sweet boy! You are 5 years old today. Unbelievable. I remember when you turned 5 months old, I was putting you to bed and it hit me that the past 5 months had flown by so fast. I rocked you for the longest time that night just staring at you (and crying). And now you’re five years old!?! Tonight Daddy is putting you to bed but you gave me a big strong hug and I gave you 5 big squeaky kisses. I love your hugs and kisses and in a few minutes I will go up to tuck you in and get one more kiss like I always do. And when I do, you will probably ask me to rock you. I will probably rock you for an extra long time tonight and shed a few tears as I stare at you.

The birthday card I gave you today, says “You rock! Seriously, every year, you get cooler and smarter and funnier…and more and more you!” Sometimes cards say so well what I am thinking! You are such a unique person. A true individual. An individual who wears backwards shorts, a floaty vest, and a superman cape out in public and makes it work. You have always marched to your own beat. I love that about you. You know what you like and it doesn’t matter what others think. I think Dr. Seuss once said, “Be who you are. Those that matter don’t mind, and those that mind don’t matter.” So true.

You are such a good brother to Barrett and Annabelle. Today, you let Barrett play with a toy right after you got it as a gift for your birthday. He kept telling me how nice it was of you to do that. You are very sweet to Annabelle too. The other day I walked into a room and found you reading a book to her and talking to her so sweetly. You like to help me give her a push when she’s swinging and you get so genuinely excited with every word she says and every milestone she reaches. She is so lucky to have such a caring, loving brother.

Right now you are really into Star Wars and Legos…and Star Wars Legos. Robots, aliens and space are also among your favorites right now too. You also really like to draw. I thought it was coloring that you enjoyed, but I was wrong. Coloring books are okay, but you would MUCH rather get a blank piece of paper and draw something using your imagination. I sometimes ask you how you came up with the idea to draw something and you proudly say, “I thinked of it with my brain and just drawed it!” It amazes me how creative and smart you are. The other day, you told me in detail how chocolate is made, and then you told me the Spanish word for chocolate. Right now you are really into games, too. You love car games like I Spy and The Animal Game (our version of 20 questions), and board games, card games and you just learned how to play SkipBo. These days you are taking karate and I think you really like it. You already have your orange belt and you are well on your way to the next one. At karate you are learning how to defend yourself as well as self-control, and honor, and perseverance. These are all qualities that will take you far in life. I am so proud of you. And you are proud of yourself too (as you should be).

That card I gave you mentioned funny, right? You are so funny. Just hearing your laugh can get me going. Sometimes you are funny without even trying. Tonight, you were asking about the tooth fairy. You asked me if she can really fly. But before I could mutter an answer, you said, “She must fly because it would be absolutely ridiculous for her to walk up the stairs!” I started to snicker, you started to laugh, and before I knew it we were both howling! I love your laugh and your sense of humor.

I love you and I am proud of you everyday. Good days…bad days…I still love you and I am always proud of you. You are a good kid with a sweet heart and I am so lucky to be your mommy. Happy birthday!

I love you more than words can express.

Love,
Mommy

Here you are first thing in the morning on your birthday this year!
bday pic

And here's one from your second birthday.
kyle bday in bed

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails