Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Uh-oh!

At Annabelle's 18 month check-up yesterday, the doctor asked if she is able to feed herself with a fork or spoon. I thought about it and realized I have never really given her the chance because I don't want to clean the mess that will certainly ensue from such a ludicrous idea...I mean really? We're actually supposed to teach these kids to become self-sufficient people? Okay, I guess that sounds reasonable, which is why I let her give it a try this morning. Note to self and other crazy people thinking about attempting such lunacy: start with a less liquid-ish food, go ahead and remove all clothing from the child, and keep the high chair far, far away from walls, tables and innocent by-standers...On second thought, just put the naked baby and high chair outside. And for goodness sake, do not do this first thing in the morning with an already clean child!

I had to leave the area momentarily so I would not freak out about the mess happening before my eyes. From the next room I heard Annabelle say, "uh-oh......uh-oh.......uh-oh!......UH-OH!" That's when I couldn't stand it anymore and went to check out the damage.

yogurt01

yogurt02
"uh-oh!"

In other news related to her 18 month check-up, Annabelle grew 3 inches taller in 6 months! She is now on the charts! yea! Probably because when Mommy feeds her, the food actually gets IN her mouth.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails