Wednesday, October 15, 2014

mommy & kid pics

I feel like a part of me is in every photo I take even if I'm not in the picture.  I mean, I was the one who saw the moment happening and appreciated it enough to get the camera and snap some pictures.  But I realize that my kids may one day wonder where I was all their lives.  Kids, I WAS THERE! I was loving you...and the moments...and cheering you on from the other side of my camera. It was me who wished she could freeze time and save the moment forever...and I did that the only way I know how...with my camera.

This week I set up a tripod and remote and get some pics with each of the kids with me in them. I had forgotten how well they do with this kind of setup.  Each of these impossible-to-photograph kids was so easy to work with and I only got one shot of a cross-eyed kid this time! As much as I'd rather be on the other side of the camera, I know that my kids will one day appreciate having some pictures of us together.



2 comments:

jack69 said...

Nice shots and beautiful family. Just surfing, enjoyed the visit.
Jack

SueJean said...

Brilliant idea + beautiful pictures!

I'm sure your kids will someday appreciate having them. I remember that my mother was strikingly beautiful when she was young. Sadly, there are only a few weathered photos to recall her youth. On my blog, I'm also the "one behind the camera". Thanks for the reminder to get in there once in a while to be a part of the memories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails