Saturday, October 11, 2014

soccer girl

The other day I went on a hunt to find soccer shoes, socks and shorts to fit Annabelle because her first game was coming up.  Man, there is something about tiny little shoes that just get me...I love 'em! And I'm not the only one... Apparently the teenage guy working at the soccer store had a weakness for their cuteness too!  He came out smiling ear to ear holding them up, saying, "These are awesome! Tiny little soccer cleets for a tiny little soccer girl!"  Then during the game, I kept seeing Annabelle looking down at her feet while she was running.  When she came over for a break, I asked why she was looking down and reminded her she needed to be looking in the direction she was running.  She said, "I know, but I love my shoes with the pink lines."

She was awesome in her first soccer game...really went after the ball, ran fast, kicked it a few times...and every time she'd kick the ball, she'd look back at me and strike a little proud-but-coy pose. She fell down a lot, but every time she would bounce right back up smiling.





Another game -- Gigi, Grandma, and Papa came to watch along with the rest of us!



 What you are looking at in this picture is Annabelle scoring into the other team's goal!  She turned around with her arms raised in the air and a big victorious smile!  I didn't have the heart to tell her it was the wrong goal.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails