Friday, December 7, 2007

a few little trimmings

It's going to be so nice being home for Christmas, soaking up my children's excitement. When I was growing up we always went to my cousins' house for Christmas (and that's the way I wanted it, then). And last Christmas, while our house was being built, we had no room for a strand of tinsel much less a Christmas tree in the tiny apartment we were staying in. So, I am so excited about Christmas this year, I feel like a kid again but not because I am excited about what Santa will bring me! It will be the first in our new house and it will be the first when I think Barrett really understands what's going on. I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning. I can't wait to be up late with Cody assembling the (don't tell) Train set and sneaking a nibble of Santa's cookies.

So in all of my excitement, I had to take a picture of our living room decorated for Christmas...and the boys admiring the tree.

I asked Barrett what he thought was in the gift box and he said, "Shake it!" Where did he get that idea??? hmm...Daddy?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails