Wednesday, January 23, 2008

going out

I love food. I have dreams about food. I love going out to eat. We never go out to eat at fancy expensive restaurants. We can’t afford it and my husband has this weird hang up about being able to put his entire dinner in his mouth all at once—go figure! We usually end up going to the same old favorite place and have our same favorite tacos. Maybe someday we’ll have the money to eat at all the fancy places, but for now I am enjoying eating dinner out wherever it may be.
I love going out on date night (babysitter) because someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning and I get to eat my food while it is still hot. At home I usually end up cutting seconds for the boys just about the time I am ready to dig in. I also love that there is actual conversation. The last time Cody and I went out, we sat in our booth for 4 hours. There were tears, there was laughter, there was apple pie! Obviously we had not had a chance to have a decent conversation in a while. And at the end of the meal, no one felt it necessary to wear his bowl as a hat (Mr. Kyle)!
I came home and kissed my sleeping boys and thanked God for giving them to me. I know that while we can’t always afford a fancy meal out or the items on the very long list of things, I have everything I need. And someday when we have lots of money, and we can eat at those fancy restaurants, we’ll probably still be eating at our same favorite joint eating the same old tacos because we like ‘em!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope when i come visit i get to try those tacos!!!

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

What tacos?
Where did y'all go for your fancy place?
I LOVE food! However, we do go to those places...yes, its a splurge but everyone's got them! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Emma and Meredith,
our favorite tacos are at OTB as we affectionately call it. They are the Carne Asada Steak Tacos. I wish it was more exciting than that but there you have it.

Meredith, We haven't been to a fancy place since we went to San Francisco in September. We were at BJ's brewhouse when we camped out for 4 hours (it was a Wed.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails