Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good Morning Elmo!

We like to give Barrett lots of choices, especially at bedtime, because we find it makes the process go more smoothly. However, for a few nights, when asked which pajamas he wanted to wear, he kept picking out the Elmo swimsuit that had mistakenly been put in the PJ drawer. I had to draw the line. It was too cold to wear a swimsuit to bed. He needed long pants, even footed pajamas! Then, I thought I should let him wear the swimsuit (even though it’s Elmo—don’t get me started) OVER the PJ’s. He was so happy! I don’t know if it was about self-expression, or getting to make a choice, but the happiness was still exploding on his face the next morning. So I say, let your quirky little light shine kiddo…as long as it’s at night in your bed where no one can see you! ;)














































He's been wearing the swimsuit to bed ever since!

1 comment:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I will not share this with Cade as he now can say "Elmo". Don't want him getting any new ideas!! LOL!! Where he learned about Elmo, I'll never know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails