Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kyle!

Dear Kyle,
Happy birthday, little man. It’s your birthday and you’re turning TWO. Yes, two…not three. You told the minister the other day, and anyone who asks for that matter, “I free [three] years old.” Now don’t rush things, you have plenty of time to grow up. You are such a blessing to my life and a joy to be around. Your smile warms my soul.


Being just 14 months apart in age from Barrett has made for a unique and very strong brotherly bond. You are expected to share almost every toy and still get along and you are learning to do this very well. You really are friends as well as very loving brothers. Barrett started preschool this year, and after we drop him off, you often will ask in a sad tone, “Where’s my Barrett?” It’s really so cute I could cry. When one of you is in the corner, the other one is playing advocate asking, “When can he come out?” and “He’s sorry, Mommy.” People often tell me that I have my hands full when they find out how close in age you and Barrett are. I don’t feel that way at all. My heart is full but my hands aren’t. I am so glad you guys have each other as lifelong friends.

You seem to think you’re three and it’s sometimes hard to remember that you aren’t because you are so smart. I don’t know many 2 year olds who make 6 word sentences and can say their ABCs! Actually, you have been doing those things for a while now. Maybe next year you can do our taxes! You love to read books. Sometimes when I go in to check on you at night, I find that you have a book in your arms. Some kids sleep with a teddy bear or a favorite blankey, but you usually have a book. It’s so distinctively you--I love it!

You always say, “Hold you” when you want me to hold you. I love that you are a cuddler. I look back in the back seat sometimes and you and Barrett are holding hands. Other times I hear you asking him to hold your hand. My mom always told me that I would always fit in her arms. It’s true. Kyle, even when you are a grown man, you will always fit in my arms, even though you’ll probably be much bigger than me.

I love your smile, your good naps, the way you crack up at Row, Row, Row Your Boat (crocodile verse), your sweetness, your big blueberry eyes and your pineapple-scented hair. I love how you are easy-going until you need to stand your ground. I love your tenderness with babies and animals. I love your dirty face and I love your "I can do anything attitude!"

I love you more than words can express.

Love,
Mommy


I love this picture because it is so like you to sit back and watch, almost study, something or someone, and then with a burst decide to join in... And I love your belly in this picture.



These are things that make you happy:
Swinging
Smiling
Sliding
Singing
Steering wheels
Songs daddy makes up
Flirting
Fruit
Pineapple
doing your Pirate impersonation
Playing in dirt
Praying before meals - you are especially prayerful when given fruit

Peek-a-boo
your Bellybutton
Bumblebees - not really the insect, you just love saying the word Bumblebee!
Bare feet! (That one needed an exclamation point)
Books
Blueberries
Blackberries
Babbling made-up words in unison with Barrett
Bootscooting with mommy in the kitchen
Being held

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails