Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cody!




These photos are from our trip we took to Durango, Colorado in September. I am just now getting a chance to look a them!



This is a silly little poem to wish you a very happy birthday,
And to tell you that you are the best in every possible way.
Some women think they’d be fine without their man,
But I’m no fool; you’re needed and wanted as a part of this clan.
You’re a great role model, better than a sports figure or rock star.
You teach the boys about manners, family, and to work hard.
“It will make you strong like Daddy” I say when there’s a food that’s getting the snub,
And before I know it, they will have joined the Clean Plate Club.
They watch and pick up on every little detail of what you do,
And in a battle against Superman, their money would be on you.
You never complain when sometimes you have to listen to the game rather than watch,
And your groans aren’t deafening when one of the boys accidentally elbows your crotch.
You’re a man who does dishes and laundry and looks good in jeans.
Who in the world ever heard of such a thing?
You get OJ when I’m sick and change diapers even when I’m not.
You vacuum the floors--In my book, that makes you hot!
You fix the stupid computer and kill big ugly bugs,
And you’re always there with open arms when I need hugs.

I am the luckiest girl the world. I love you.



One more cheesy line I forgot to put in the poem (to go with this picture): You fill my heart with the sound of music!

2 comments:

Heather Coleman said...

How sweet! Happy birthday Cody. Jessica's right, you are a pretty great guy!

Aubs said...

Happy Birthday Cody!
What great pictures you have here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails