Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eating our way through Texas

My life revolves around food. I love food. My kids have multiple allergies so every meal, every outing, is carefully planned and outlined according to what the kids will eat.
So last weekend was my birthday weekend and a roadtrip to my friend, Meredith's wedding (without the kids--Thanks Moms and Dad for watching the boys!). We could be carefree about food...Fly by the seat of our pants! But we decided to shoot for the cafes in the December issue of Texas Monthly on our way to and from the wedding which was in Marble Falls, Texas. We hit Jake and Dorothy's in Stephenville for lunch on Saturday. Sunday breakfast was at Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. They have a pie happy hour there! Then we went down to Fredricksburg to shop off some of our breakfast ... and Cody had some beer. When we could begin to think about food again, it was the Yumm Factory Cafe in Lampassas that filled our tummies so full we could not even eat dinner! We had a wonderful time driving around this great state, meeting locals, listening to music and talking to each other on the way!
Here we are enjoying a slice of heaven, uh, I mean hot apple pie with ice cream on top at Jake and Dorothy's.



I should also mention that for my birthday dinner on Friday night we went to Line Camp Steakhouse near Granbury. (I'm not sure what town it's officially in) It was also in Texas Monthly for being one of the best Steakhouses in Texas. It was delicious!! Thank you to my father in law, Stacy for a wonderful birthday dinner and to my mom in law, Cindy for a beautiful homemade birthday cake! You guys are your own little yumm factory!!

3 comments:

Dina said...

sounds like a fun trip! I love doing stuff like that!!

John Perser said...

Hi Cody,
you should try Coopers Old Time Pit BBQ in Llano, Texas next time you're headed south. It's fantastic and a fun experience. It's right on Hwy 29 (604 W Young Street).

CS said...

Thanks John for the suggestion and its great to hear from you. I'm always a sucker for good Texas BBQ.

The picture of me and Jess up at the counter mimics the cover photo of the magazine which was also taken at Jake and Dorothy's.

Related Posts with Thumbnails