Tuesday, March 31, 2009

San Antonio Trip

We're back and we're exhausted, but we had a great time! I told myself I wasn't allowed to blog about the trip until the suitcases no longer lingered at the door where we dropped them when we got home.

Thanks so much to our Aunt Shelley and Uncle Dave who hooked us up with the awesome resort! It was beautiful and so much fun!

This is Kyle at "the beach"

Kyle snoozing in the hammock in a cabana

My boys and me in the hammock... a very brief swing...too much to see and do!

We invited our friends, the Logans, who live in San Antonio to join us for making s'mores with us at our fire pit. This was quite possibly the scariest part of the trip--giving 3 boys with a marshmallow sugar high long sharp pointy sticks. Fortunately, nobody lost an eye!


Ava, Garrett, Kyle, Barrett

This was right after I asked them to sing us a good campfire song...Garrett (yes, there is a Garrett and a Barrett when we get together!) sang the Star Wars Theme! "Duh dum duh duh duh dum dum!" Love it!


The picture above is of Barrett's first rollercoaster ride. I cannot believe he actually rode that rollercoaster. He is JUST like his MAMA! I thought for sure he wasn't going to be tall enough so I started off for the next thing, but he kept talking about the rollercoaster. I decided that I would stand him up next to the yardstick and let the "man" tell him no, but when we got there, the man said he could ride! I thought for sure he would freak out as soon as he got strapped in, but he didn't! He rocked that Shamu rollercoaster!

Barrett looking at Angelfish in the aquarium

Kyle feeding a baby dolphin

1 comment:

Newman Family Blog said...

So fun! Looks like y'all had a great trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails