Thursday, April 30, 2009

This kid is trying to potty train himself with no help from me!

So what's the problem? Ah yes, there is a problem. I tried to potty train Kyle a couple months ago with no success because we were/are always on the go. I decided to try again this summer when I could devote more time to it at home when we weren't always rushing out the door. Now, it seems, Mr. "I do it" is ready and I am not. The problem is when he needs to go (and sometimes he's too late) he just takes off all his clothes right where he is. . .whether it's in the living room, the middle of the coffee shop (yup, the guy with the laptop got a good laugh that day!) Sometimes I'll walk into a room and it's like Kyle has disappeared into thin air. All that remains are his clothes in a pile on the floor. I now know I will find him on the potty.

This morning Kyle took off his dirty diaper and PJ's before I could get to him - yuck. I am this close to getting out the duct tape, but I'm not sure that encourages potty training.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

And, the other day at Chick-fil-a, he was in the playroom -- he decided he needed to go potty - so he "mooned" the people in the restaurant, but I imagine the little girls who were in the play area had some interesting questions for their mom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails