Tuesday, December 16, 2008

'Tis the season for ornaments and screaming in Santa's lap

A few days ago, the boys and I made some pretty ornaments using clear glass ball ornaments, and leftover washable red and green paint from our homemade wrapping paper. I got the idea from this great blog that Stephanie told me about.


While the paint was drying, I made the boys some paper hats from the newspaper I had used to cover the table. It reminded me of when I was a kid! I wish I had a scanner so I could put up a picture of me as a little girl in a newspaper hat. For some reason, the boys called themselves pirates while wearing the hats. Their imaginations are much better than mine!
ETA: got a scanner for Christmas so I am adding this pic of me as a little girl with my newspaper hat!


Talking to Santa...or vigorously trying to escape his clutches...whatever!


The boys' friend, Christopher invited them over to his house for a visit with Santa. It was a great time (except for Kyle in that particular moment pictured above). I kept asking him on the way there if he wanted to talk to Santa and he said, "Nope." Then I said, "Santa is nice and he brings you presents, Don't you want to tell him what you want for Christmas?" He said without hesitation, "Nope."
So being the great mom I am, I stuck him on Santa's lap took pictures and laughed a little as he cried with those mommy-please-save-me eyes. I had to...it's tradition.

Barrett asked Santa for an ambulance. This is his third lap sitting with the man in red and every time he has asked for something different. The first time it was a crane, the second time it was a crane and a truck with a trailer, and now an ambulance. Santa sure wishes he would make up his mind!





1 comment:

Gigi said...

I believe Barrett has figured out how to finesse Santa so he can really score. And, I believe Santa would give Kyle anything just so he could see his beautiful smile again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails