Friday, December 12, 2008

Random Christmas Stuff

For years I have struggled to find a place to display the wonderful cards we receive at Christmas time. I just don't want to give up my counter space. This year, I hung up this piece of garland in our utility room - because we are always walking through there. I was telling some friends about it and I told them I'd post a picture. After Christmas this year I will have to buy a new strand or two of garland on sale--this one must be a hundred years old and is shedding like crazy! This would also look great going up a stair banister. (I took the pic a few days ago - in case you are wondering where your card is.)

Our gingerbread house: This was my first ever gingerbread house and the boys' too. I just got one of the kits from Target and hoped the boys didn't think to eat the decorations...they didn't for a while. We tried to make it look like the one on the box. Considering a 2 year old and 3 year old did the decorating and I didn't use frosting tips, I think it looks darn close...just don't look too closely at the chimney.



All I want for Christmas is to be able to sing to Mariah Carey's Christmas song in my car if I want to! The other day, I was driving with the boys in the car and we were listening to Christmas music. I thought I was sounding just like Mariah when Barrett says, "Mommy, please stop singing! you're hurting my ears! Please don't sing anymore!"
So today, it was just Kyle and me in the car and guess who comes on the radio? I picked up my deflated ego and decided to give another heartfelt performance for the cheap seats, I mean back seat. During an instrumental part I asked Kyle if he liked my singing and he said, "Yes, you sing pretty." Then I said, "Don't you think I sound exactly like Mariah Carey?" and he said, " Yes, you sound zackey wike My...uh Terry." Ahhh, the innocence of a child! May your Christmas be filled with it!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

that must be the prettiest utility room in tx! ;o) love the gingerbread house...too cute!

Meredith and Eddie said...

I love the garland and cards. But for those who are craft-challenged how did you attach the cards?

Jessica said...

I used two paper clips. One is opened and used to hook onto the garland and the other is used normally.

Related Posts with Thumbnails