Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town

Well, my friend Meredith challenged me and other moms to come up with gift ideas for other moms and grandmoms who read my blog. Gifts for the boys, husbands, grandparents, etc. I think it's a great idea so we can bounce ideas off each other and find great new products that we never knew existed and now must have :)! (Cody just groaned and had $$ flash in his eyes as he read that, I'm sure)

Gift Ideas For Little Boys:
Western Chief Fireman Raincoat and boots and umbrella-my boys are starting to love to pretend and they do this usually by putting on a hat (because that's all we have). Their cousin got this for his birthday and they got to play with it at the party. It was a hit! They would love pretending to be a fireman in this and it will keep them dry when it rains too! Added bonus: boots! They LOVE boots! I have not bought this for my boys, so it's still up for grabs. It can be found in the store at Nordstrom as well as online.

Everyone's Hero Movie- Barrett rarely watches TV and even more rarely watches a movies. For some reason, Cody rented this movie for Barrett at the video store and he not only watched it from start to finish, but he watched it at least 2 more times before we returned it. I snagged it online (ebay/amazon) for super cheap!

Spend Save Give Invest Piggy Bank If you have taken the Crown Financial study or want to teach your kids about being financially responsible, this is a great bank! We are currently using 3 jars and the kids keep getting into them and taking money OUT-ugh. I have not bought this either.

ETA: Kyle just got this for Barrett for the family gift exchange--I went ahead and got 2, I'll save the other for Kyle's b-day.


Other Stuff: we love classic wooden toys, and educational toys. They love anything truck, and trailer hitches are highly sought after! They love doing whatever we (grown-ups) are doing so anything that lets them pretend to be cooking, doctoring, firefighting, etc--they will enjoy. There's also an online kids t-shirt store I really like called Sandbox Threads.
Kyle is getting an Einstein shirt and you may remember seeing Mr. T on Barrett. ETA: you can get 25% off at Sandbox Threads thru Dec. 15 with code: mistletoe

For (our kids') Grandparents:

My mom is really digging my Vera Bradley. She has picked out a couple colors/patterns that she likes and a purse style. I don't know if she's getting this or not. There is a Vera Bradley store at Watter's Creek.

For Husbands:
Cody wants an X Box 360. He has asked for Best Buy gift cards so no one has to buy the whole thing.

If you know someone with a Nintendo DS that cooking personal trainer looks sooo cool--have you seen the commercial with Phoebe? (She'll always be Phoebe to me) My mom has a DS if anyone needs another idea for her.

NOW OTHER MOMS, I have a question for you. What are you asking for? I always know what I want and can give a list, but I haven't had time to see what's out there! Help!

3 comments:

powellsa74 said...

On Meredith's blog I saw your beautiful snowballs...you need to post a pic of it and the recipe, too!!!

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Right now at Target, they have the fireman galoshes. Much cheaper than Nord's. I have not looked to see if they have a raincoat or not.

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Oh, so far I've asked for MAC (makeup) gift sets and Hanky Pankys! LOL!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails