Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Biting my Tongue...ouch!

I am a little picky about my kids' clothes. (I just heard my mom and husband protest, "A little!?!") Okay, very. I think that's why they get so excited about putting on pajamas. That's the only time I let them choose what they want to wear and express themselves.
Well, yesterday as we were rushing out the door Barrett declared that he would NOT wear the outfit I chose and so I let him wear whatever he wanted. I guess I am hoping that he will learn from his fashion mistakes, but I doubt it. Since I let Barrett make some fashion choices, Kyle got to make some too. And then, we all went out. in. public. and I didn't even explain to one person that they made their own clothing choices. Man, my tongue hurts!

Here's the result:

clothes02

When I asked Barrett why he chose that shirt he said "Because it matches my sunglasses." Of course. And why those shorts? "Because they are camo." And why did you put on the backpack? "Because it matches my shorts." As you can clearly see, he is very into matching!!
And Kyle was pretty much dressed except he did choose his hat and shoes. By the way, it's summertime in Texas! Notice his squished ear under the hat and the shoes are hand-me-downs that are still a little too big.

clothes01
Barrett's shoes are not too small, they are just on the wrong feet.

clothes03

clothes04
I love how they are such good friends!

1 comment:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Oh no, Cade gets a choice between 2 that I pick! Some days if he needs a cookie to wear a certain shirt, then I do it. I'm crazy I know, LOL!!! But I like my kids to look...maybe its a teacher thing, LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails