Monday, August 10, 2009

Kyle went to time out so why is everyone laughing?

Today I had a much needed Mommy day. I took the boys to Mother's Day Out and went to the bookstore and read in peace and quiet. Then, Cody and I met for lunch just the two of us at our favorite place and enjoyed some conversation. However, the conversation did revolve around the boys for most of the lunch. At least the conversation wasn't a constant repetition of, "Sit down." and "Are you using your table manners?"
When I picked the boys up up from MDO the teachers told me Kyle was sent to time out today. Dread and fear poured through my body as I had flashes of Barrett's first day of school. But then I noticed they were holding back laughter and could hardly talk. They were trying to tell me something else without the boys hearing. They finally eeked out between chuckles that Kyle had whacked Barrett on the back of the head for eating his imaginary ice cream cone! hehe. I know a good mother would never laugh when her child does something wrong, right? I have never claimed to be a model mother so I went ahead a laughed. Barrett and Kyle didn't know what we were laughing about. Now this was funny and yet so. very. familiar. I know their Uncle Casey had an almost identical incident when he was in preschool. I guess the legacy continues.
Note: Neither of the boys has had a problem with any other child. This is the third time they have been in a class together and their first incident (pretty good considering their track record at home). BTW, I would not be laughing if somebody else's kid was hit.

Here's some pics from today for Grandma and Papa...because I don't think they consider it a real blog post unless it has photos.

bear caddyT

kyle caddyT

2 comments:

Meredith and Eddie said...

They are getting so big!
Love the story!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails