Monday, September 21, 2009

Balloon Festival!

We had a wonderful time at the Plano Balloon Festival on Saturday night where we gathered with some friends and family to celebrate Kyle's third birthday. Even Nanny made the trek to see the hot air balloons up close and be there for the birthday celebration! Go Nanny! Before we got there, Barrett told Papa, "If you get in one, you will pop it!" I think they were very suprised about how big they were.

balloon05

balloon04

balloon03

Let's take a closer look at Emma...nice. Oh and yes, she does have a shiner (she had a run-in with some playground equipment. I think the playground won, but I haven't seen it yet)
balloon08

balloon02

balloon07

balloon06

balloon01
The birthday boy on his daddy's shoulders looking at the balloons. It reminds me of this Isaac Newton quote: "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

I can't wait to experience this next year of his life as his mother. I love seeing the world through his eyes.

3 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I LOVE the cupcake toppers!!!!

Jessica said...

Meredith, thanks I made them myself... Way easier than decorating with icing.

Anonymous said...

Aww, good to see pics of your outlaws too! You made the cupcake toppers yourself. You really are mommy of the year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails