Saturday, September 5, 2009

Homemade Tic-Tac-Toe board

The boys love doing crafts (and all the verbal praise that comes with them). One morning Barrett asked to do a craft and so I went to my craft drawer and found popsicle sticks, and bag of black and white buttons, and magnets. My tic-tac-toe board was conceived! The boys (ages 2 and 4) did very well at this and loved playing with the buttons. The magnets keep the game pieces from slipping around and getting lost. Now they are learning the game and most importantly, practicing taking turns!

tictactoe02

tictactoe01

On a somewhat related note, I know some of my friends have considered homeschooling. I wasnted to pass along my friend Danielle's blog. She homeschools and posts a lot of interesting stuff about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a cute idea! Very homeschool-y of you!

Thanks for the link to my blog too. That was sweet.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I wrote a "Thinking About Homeschooling?" post on my blog with links to websites, articles, and books that are helpful to those exploring the idea. Here's the link:

http://witandwhimsyblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/thinking-about-homeschooling.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails