Monday, September 7, 2009

Kyle-isms

While I am feeling a bit guilty about the fact that this post is all about Kyle, I think I am feeling more guilty about the fact that I will be missing his first day of preschool. I sure hope my mom takes some good pictures for me.

Kyle

Barrett is at Grandma and Papa's for the first part of our trip to New York. So yesterday and today it's been really quiet with just us and Kyle. But it's fun to see his little brain working and hear the stuff he comes up with. Here's a few quotes from the past couple of days.

The first one was when we were on our way to meet Grandma so he and Barrett were talking in the backseat when I heard this.
Barrett: "You have to listen to me, I am your father."
Kyle: "You're not my father...Mommy is!"

Yesterday, Kyle said, "Mommy, I need a Band-aid, I have a boo boo!" I asked if it was bleeding and where it was. He said, "Riiight here. It's small so you can only see it with a microscope."

This morning when he was coloring I asked him where the blue marker was. Kyle looked around and said, "Here it is! I dropped it on a porpoise."

And then we all went to get Cody and Kyle haircuts before our trip. Kyle went first and immediatly got a lollipop when he was finished. Then, we watched Daddy get this haircut. Kyle said, "Daddy, if you sit really still, you get a lollipop!"

I already miss Barrett and I am going to miss Kyle too. But Cody and I will have a wonderful, no dishes, no diapers 8 days on our vacation! Thank you Mom, Cindy and Stacy for taking care of the boys while we're gone! We'll be checking in!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Haircut! Oh, no. I'm going to miss his "crazy hair" (his words, not mine.)

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! Love the "You're not my father..." story especially. Colby said, "Poor Cody."

Related Posts with Thumbnails