Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Day












Christmas Day was good.  This was clearly the year when God wanted to teach me to let go of the IDEA of the perfect Christmas and embrace the wonderful real miracles that happen everyday.  We missed Gigi...and the rolls were not the same without her...at one point when the rolls didn't look right, I looked desperately at Nena and said, "What should we do?"  She calmly said, "Butter 'em."  So that's what we did.  That was exactly the calm confident assurance I needed in that moment. Then we read the recipe and saw we were baking at the wrong temperature...so we fixed that too but the rolls really never recovered.  They were not perfect, but that was okay.

One of my favorite moments on Christmas Day was when I was cooking in the kitchen and noticed how quiet it was.  I automatically assumed the boys were probably up to no good, but when I looked up, I saw them both curled up in a chair with a blanket reading on their new Kindles.  Little miracles.

Mom is doing very well post heart attack...big miracle.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails