Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Miracle

I got a call from my mom in the morning on Christmas Eve.  She said she wasn't feeling well and she needed help.  I took her to the hospital where we found out she was having a heart attack.  They moved her to a better hospital and immediately took her into surgery where they found and fixed the problem with a stint.  They were able to get to her so quickly because the room and doctor was available since there were no scheduled operations for the holiday.  The hospital chaplain said Mom was a Christmas miracle.

It was a scary few hours, but Mom is doing well.  She sent me home to be with my family for all of the Christmas Eve activities.  Before we set out the milk and cookies, I asked Cody if he knew how to play Blue Christmas on the guitar.  He didn't, but he learned it in about 5 minutes so we could send Mom/Gigi this video to let her know we missed her:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails