Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies

On Christmas Eve Eve, I let go of my make-everything-be-perfect-and-wonderful-for-Christmas mentality and I was reminded that everything doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful.

We made Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies.  We used every sprinkle and cookie decoration we could find.  The colored icing bags exploded and oozed red and green icing all over. There were sprinkles bouncing off in every direction! Years from now, I know we will find sprinkles from this Christmas Eve Eve.  It was messy...messy but magical.  While we were decorating, the boys complimented and encouraged each other.  Annabelle spontaneously started singing Joy to the World and the rest of us joined in.  It's seriously one of my favorite things in the whole wide world when my family breaks out into song together.  I couldn't have choreographed it to be any more wonderful...and if I had, it wouldn't have been so real and spontaneous which is what I loved the most.  I hope this becomes a family tradition for years to come.

 Annabelle making the winning cookie

 I can't explain the safety goggles except to say THAT'S KYLE.

 She's wearing her "Kristoff" shirt...She keeps getting Kristoff the reindeer in Frozen confused with Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer...pretty cute.

Barrett working on the second place cookie

 Here's the Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies in all their glory!

We decided to share the fun with our friends and family and have them vote on Facebook:




In addition to some Ugly Sweaters, Kyle made a Nutcraker cookie.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails