Thursday, July 17, 2008

He will never live this one down...

So what did Barrett say that had all the moms in the soft play area at the mall laughing? Read on. Barrett was hopping around and a having a ball when these 2 four-year-olds asked him his name. I'm sure he was thinking, "Ooh, ooh, I know this one!" He replied proudly, "My name is Barrett Starr." So that's what the boys called him and for the next 15 or so minutes that's all anyone heard was, "Barrett Starr, come over here!" "Barrett Starr, jump on this one!" "Barrett Starr, we're in the tunnel." Needless to say, they had the attention of almost everyone when one of the boys announced that he was Superman. The other boy turned to Barrett and said, "Hey, Barrett Starr, I am Spiderman! Who are you?" Without hesitation, Barrett declared loud and proud, "I'm ButterflyMan!"
Laughter swelled from all around, including myself. I am very impressed by how quickly he thought of it and connected spiders and butterflies in the same category. And I love his confidence. He's a keeper.

We also rode the carousal at the mall. Up until now, Barrett hasn't wanted to ride it, so I took some photos to commemorate the big day!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Too cute! I'm so jealous of the beautiful pictures you take of your children. I hope they will cherish them always but at least I know you will!

Related Posts with Thumbnails