Saturday, January 10, 2009

Barrett and Kyle on God and prayers



The other night driving home, we were looking at the stars and Barrett asked how the stars got there. Before I could put my answer into words, he said, "God put them there!" I said proudly, "That's right!" Then he said, "OR maybe a man on a really tall cherry-picker truck put them there!" I tried to convince him his first answer was the right one, but he really loves trucks...If only God had a truck in the creation story. . .




I always like to say a prayer with them that my mom taught me and then let them thank God for their blessings. (The "Now I lay me down to sleep prayer" always put bad thoughts in my head right before I went to sleep) This is the prayer my mom taught me:


Father in heaven, hear my prayer
Keep in your loving care.
Be my guide in all I do,
And bless all those who love me too.

Tonight Barrett thanked God for "Mommy, Daddy, my bwudder, my big teddy bear, my starship pajamas, hot cocoa, my fireman boots, and my car sheets."


Dear God, please make Barrett stay in his bed tonight!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails