Friday, January 30, 2009

McDonalds = McBliss

It took 30 years (3 ½ years after the birth of my first child) but I have just now discovered the delight and splendor that is McDonalds or Chick-fil-A or anywhere with an indoor play area. I did have an unhealthy affair with MickeyD in college, but that's for another time. I blame my tardiness on the fact that my kids can’t eat fast food and so we have only been there a handful of times. In fact, until a couple weeks ago, Kyle would point at the Golden Arches as we’d pass and say, “Bunny Rabbit!” He had no clue what he was missing. Barrett saw the colorful tubes through the windows as we were driving by the other day and his eyes were like saucers.

Bribery may have led us there today, if I recall correctly. I packed their lunch, got
myself somethin’ there and read a book in warmth while the boys had a glorious time wearing themselves out at the indoor the play area…nice.

Oh, and this is what happened on the way home. Both of them. Funny. Since I have declared Barrett’s naps dead and buried, he’s taken about 5 naps! Couldn’t get him to blink for more than 5 seconds before the declaration!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails